Sunday, August 30, 2009

Fire Truck, Ethan's 5th, Sentences

Albany Firefighter

Earlier last week, Tai and his daycare took a field trip to the local fire house. They got to see the big fire trucks and they each received a fireman's hat. So when I came home from work, Tai looked like this at the dinner table. It was really cute.

Ethan and Tai

We celebrated cousin Ethan's 5th birthday yesterday at their house. They threw a very fun party. Tai had his eye on this Wall-E character, but Ethan didn't mind. He cleaned up in the video game and action figure department.

"Now that's what I'm talking about."

* * *

One thing I have forgotten to blog about has been the increase in Tai's vocabulary and use of short sentences (and long ones that don't make sense to us). One day earlier this month, after we'd pakced away most of his toys, Tai managed to wedge his way into his closet, climb the shelves, and pick out a toy from his basket. We could hear him yelling, "I found Dory! I found Dory!" We looked in the closet, and there he was, holding up the fish from "Finding Nemo."

The next day, at one of Clarence's dinner parties, Tai was wandering around the kitchen when he caught sight of a chocolate cake. Of course, he screamed "I want cake! I want cake!"

Not the most complicated sentences, but he put them together himself. He's repeating a lot of what we say. His favorite sentences right now by far are "I did it! I did it!" He yells that after climbing onto our bed or opening something. Tomorrow it's on to preschool. What kinds of words could he possibly learn from the other kids?

No comments: